Tuesday, January 13, 2009


On the road again!

My bags are packed and tomorrow I head out. Yea, over the next two weeks I will travel back to Europe. I get an opportunity to visit Sweden and the church plant ministry that we have been involved in there. I will also attend some Greater Europe Mission leadership meetings in Berlin and I get an opportunity to visit a new church plant in Estonia. Am I excited? I am always excited to go back and see what the Lord is doing there!

God is at work everywhere doing things that we don’t always notice. He hears our prayers and He answers them in ways that we don’t always expect. One of the big things I have learned about prayer and God recently is that prayer doesn’t control God. We don’t make Him do what we want when we pray. He is in control of everything already. Prayer is more a reminder for me that I can’t do anything in the Spiritual world on my own. He is the one that does it and yet He desires that I am involved and He wants to answer prayers through us, His children. I am even convinced more and more that He puts even the thoughts in our minds so that we will pray and begin to see just what He is up to. In the Old Testament in the book of the Prophet Amos Chapter three verse seven the Prophet writes says, “Indeed, the Sovereign Lord never does anything until he reveals his plans to his servants the prophets.” He wants us to see what He is doing. He does not do anything without letting us know but we must be watching.

I am looking forward to seeing what the sovereign Lord is up too right now in Europe. I will try and write about a few of those things over the next two weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home